Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Wednesday 8/13

Greetings. This is my first blog entry ever. I have to thank my friend Kurt for inspiring me to do this. He posted his blog address on his facebook and I knew I had to join in.Likely any readers of this know my daughter Maggie. She's 14 now and has severe disabilties and complex medical problems. The title and focus of this blog is to chronicle our lives dealing with Maggie and the issues involved in raising and living with her. Maggie is smart and funny, but dependent on others for every aspect of her life. Her care requirements are 24/7. Navigating the service agencies is difficult and time consuming. The current budget crises in California seems to be a tipping point, and services are being cut left and right. I'm not sure the budget issue is really a cause or simply provides an excuse to cut back. Personally I believe it's the latter, but I'm old and jaded. I look forward to hearing from anyone and making this blog as interactive as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.