Friday, September 12, 2008

Welcome to the Neighborhood

We have new neighbors. A family with two young kids moved in next door just a couple of days ago. They seem like a very nice family, I’ve spoken with both parents and met the children. The little girl is aout eight and the little boy about six. Six year old boys are the best; there is nothing funnier than a boy that age.

We live in a row house and our houses are 1 inch apart. While sitting at my computer I face out the dining room window right into their yard. I can see the kids playing and peering through the fence into our yard trying to figure out what is going on at our house. I do not think the kids have seen Maggie yet, but they are fascinated with the elevator. I can’t wait for them to see it in action.

Yesterday afternoon I was helping the nurse change Maggie. This process takes two people at least 10 minutes. I could see the new neighbor kids watching us from the window next door, a distance of about eight feet. They could not figure out what we were doing. Because of the configuration of the pillows and the height of the bed, they could not see Maggie at all. But they could see Maggie’s foot up in the air, and they could see me standing at her bedside. When they saw me, they ducked away from window; but the little boy came back.

I waved and he waved back. Then I waved Maggie’s foot and he started laughing his head off. I turned my focus to Maggie. When I looked up a minute later, the little boys feet were against the window and he was wiggling them. He must have been lying on the floor of his breakfast room with his feet up against the window. He was waving back! I completely cracked up.
Suddenly his mom’s face appeared in the window and she seemed to be correcting him. I hope he didn’t get in any trouble. When I came out onto the deck this morning the shade was drawn on that window. I have to tell her he was not bothering me at all. I found him hugely entertaining.

Wait, maybe the mom is protecting her kids from the crazy new neighbor. Hmmmm….you don’t think it could be me do you???????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.