Saturday, February 14, 2009

Today is Valentine's Day. We don't do much on this day except enjoy each other, which is perfect for me. Right now both Steve and Maggie are sound asleep. It's quiet and no one needs anything. That's enjoyable too.

My sister invited us to dinner tonight with her family, my mom, another sister and her father in law. That will be 10 if we go. I said yes but now I'm having second thoughts about taking Maggie out. I'll decide later today. There just so much involved in taking her out. I don't mean the physical effort it takes - that's always present, but manageable. It's the spectacle of it all. Sometimes I just don't want to deal with the stares of others. I really just ignore people, but it does take some emotional preparation that I'm not sure I can muster today. Pretending you don't notice takes effort.

Of course Maggie would have a GREAT time, so maybe that should be the deciding factor.

And I don't have to cook.

We'll probably go.

I wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day. I hope everyone gets a minute to think of someone they love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.