Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Shoulder To Cry On (or over)

It's 6:00 AM on Saturday morning. I'm waiting for the coffee to finish so I can hit the road. I'm spending the day in Sacramento today. I have a full day class of MCLE - Mandatory Continuinng Legal Education. My  law school hosts this every year. It's great, I can pick up a bunch of credits in a day and see old friends from law school at the same time.

I learned on Thursday evening that the injury to my shoulder will require surgery. I have to talk to the doctor on MOnday. So far I have only a voice mail message and a report of an MRI that I don't really understand. He says there are two tears that have to be repaired.

Wonderful.

 Not really sure how I am going to handle everything afterward. I won't be able to lift over 10lbs for several weeks. That means I can only take one appendage of Maggie's . I will rotate which one I use to make sure she wears evenly

It's funny. In one way I am sort of relieved this is something "fixable" and the results of the MRI validated my insistence that something was VERY wrong. But, on the other hand, being wrong would not have been terrible. Now I have to figure out what type of help I need and how to get it. I suddenly wish Tim hadn't gone back to school. Oh well I'm just going to have to find someone with strong shoulders. Perhaps Charles Atlas is still around.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your problems with your shoulder and the anxiety over how to care for Maggie. As a fellow Californian, I can't imagine what more will be cut from our budget and I do hope you are able to get some help. I wish I lived closer and I'd come over and help you out myself!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.