Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Get yer ice cold Lemonade

I am making lemonade. You know the gig - life gives you lemons....make lemonade.

I was reeling from all the hits yesterday. My surgery tuesday to be followed by Maggie's admission to the hospital on Thursday for 10 days. I decided sitting and stewing were not acceptable, it was time for action.

I talked to my sister Ellen last night. She's a nurse and works in a surgery center that does only shoulders. I asked her about my recovery time and Maggie entering the hospital 48 hours after my surgery and she just said "NO WAY". That confirmed my thoughts and I called pulmonology first thing this AM and told them we need to put it off.. It was only a message and I haven't heard anything in return, but they can't do tests on a patient who's not there.

I told them in a "perfect world" we could put if off to the week of the 22nd which would 1)give me time to heal from my surgery and 2) put us up against Spring Break so Maggie would only miss one week of school. I noted that I don't live in a perfect world and doubted anyone would let me even visit, but a girl can hope. I promised to bring her in immediately if things became emergent, but I really do not think that's going to happen. I'd happily take the week of the 15th  if need be.

I had a brilliant idea last night. We have delayed getting our hardwood floors sanded and refinished because we can't do it with Maggie in the house. The dust would kill her - literally. Since we know we will be out of the house, we are going to arrange to have the floors done while she and I are gone. I got a bid today and it's not too bad. We will just do the downstairs for now. The guy said he can be available on about three or 4 days notice.

you can't keep a good woman down

So my lemonade is working out well. It could certainly be a little sweeter, but I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.