Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Countdown begins

Maggie is turning 18 on March 3, which is almost unfathomable to me. Maggie entered this world with the deck stacked against her in so many ways; but she surprises all of us time and time again.  We decided this birthday presents the perfect opportunity to thank all the people in Maggie's World who have helped her and us get to this point.

Many people who have helped Maggie over the years will be joining us for a party on her birthday. I hesitate to write this because I could not invite everyone and had to pick and choose representatives from various parts of her life. Some parts are woefully under represented. Other parts are not. If I included everyone, I would have had to rent AT&T Park, which was a bit out of the budget. As it is, Maggie may be a bit overwhelmed that day, but I know she will enjoy herself despite the amount of people that will be there.

We are amazed at the response to this party and all of us are looking forward to it. Folks coming are not to bring gifts, but we encourage those who want to do something to make a donation to one of the organizations that have helped Maggie over the years. Those are already happening and that makes us so very happy. Thank you all who have done that.

A friend gave me the excellent idea of putting scrap book pages on the tables to give folks an opportunity to tell Maggie what they want to say. If any of you in Maggie's World want to add your comments, feel free to do so in the comments or by emailing me something and I will make sure they get into Maggie's book. If you don't want your comments published, just tell me and I will make sure it doesn't go public.

In the meantime, I have to get scrapbook pages, get pictures into frames, come up with some sort of table decorations and create a new Maggie Mix for the party. My friend Rose is doming over today to help me alter Maggie' party dress which was a gift from Maggie's friend Anne Marie. Here's a sneak peak.

Ten days to go. So much to do.







1 comment:

  1. Wow. And five days later will be my Sophie's 17th birthday party!

    I will think about what I'd like to send regarding Maggie's scrapbook. I think it will have to do with her scarves and her music. But give me a day or so, okay?

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.