Friday, September 2, 2011

Long Weekend

Long weekend looms! My son Eddie is coming home with his girlfriend Grace. That will be great.  I haven't seen him in a couple of months and Maggie hasn't seen him in about 6 months. . He was here one night during the summer on his way home from a road trip. He arrived late at night after Maggie went to sleep and she was gone to school before he woke up. By the time she got home he was GONE. I haven't seen Grace since April and Maggie hasn't seen her since Christmas.  Maggie will be delighted. Mom will too. My father in law is also coming for the weekend, so we will have a houseful, which is fine with me.  We are having a big dinner with my mom and other extended family members on Sunday. 

In other news, my shoulder is killing me. I had surgery last year on the left shoulder which is now fine. For the past few months the RIGHT one has been giving me the same problems. Arrgh. I don't want to have surgery again and I'm trying to stop lifting so much, which is all but impossible with my lovely Maggie. The other night she was in bed and wanted to get out, but I just couldn't do it. To keep her amused I climbed in bed with her. Her bed is high - mayebe four feet off the ground, so when I say I CLIMBED, I mean it. One foot on that brown chair and then up!





Maggie has a single bed that is enclosed on all four sides like a giant crib. Steve custom made the bed for her because she falls off of anything else. There was not a lot of room for the two of us but we snuggled together.  She thought that was hilarious. When Steve came back downstairs he grabbed a photo.  I am literally hanging off the edge of the bed here, but Maggie is entertained.




Have a great long weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet, sweet photo. Have a wonderful weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.