Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day of Rest?

Ahh Sunday. A day of relaxation and rest.

Not today.

We started out quietly enough. The nurse was delayed leaving because of a flat tire, which was a bummer for her. Maggie was nagging me to get her dressed so we could go out. I promised her we would go to the park if the rain stopped but I started the crossword in the Sunday paper. Maggie was getting increasingly impatient and for good reason; I was ignoring her.

By the time I really paid attention to what she was saying she had created a very lengthy sentence. She was asking me to get her dressed and telling me she wanted to go out. Here's a quick video of the effort

 She even added the dog, indicating he could come for a walk.

It was not to be, however. Her wheelchair broke again. If it's not one thing it's another.The headrest snapped off at a central weld. It's not safe for her to be transported. I did my best mom engineering to make it safe enough to sit in. It's known as Duck tape in some circles. She's not very happy about it. I can't even do my crossword because I have to keep my eye on that "fix" as there is the outside possibility that it won't hold.



Of course it's Spring Break and now she is stuck at home - but he would have been anyway because there is no way the bus would have taken the chair like this. I am waiting to hear where to take it and will do that  tomorrow as soon as the nurse comes.

It's going to be a long 24 hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.