Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Recap



Hope all who celebrate had a Happy Easter. We went to a fun and raucous Easter Brunch at my mom's house. I believe we were 26 total with lots of siblings and cousins. It was fun. I never sat down to eat at the Brunch because I snagged so much bacon while I was cooking in the morning.

I was in charge of the meat and I cooked a ridiculous amount of bacon and sausage. This is 9lbs of Bacon and there are 3 lbs of sausage underneath that.  Vegetarians should avert their eyes. Of course it was too much and I gave out meat party bags to Tim and two nephews.

Maggie loves these gatherings with her cousins. there were 10 or so out of a total of 20 cousins there ranging in age from 17 to 27.  The vibrant energy of this crowd together cracks her up. And every cousin checks in with her, and of course she adores the attention. My nephew Jeff turned 18 yesterday so there was cake and singing, which is also hilarious in Maggie's view of the world.  Maggie wore her fancy Greek sandals, and in our own little Easter miracle, they stayed on her feet until we got home. Actually she lost one in the driveway as we arrived home, but that is a new record.


We came home and I read my book while Steve and his dad watched the masters on television. We had a quiet dinner of Easter ham. This was the traditional Easter dinner when Steve was growing up and it is for many others as well. Not me, though. I absolutely HATE ham and had vegetables and potatoes for dinner. Maggie and I hung out while Steve took his dad home. She snoozed in her chair, exhausted from a day of celebration and  revelry.

Back to the grind today. And there will be no cured meat of any kind allowed in this house for a week or so.

___________
My letter to the editor is in the SF Chronicle today. It doesn't appear they edited it at all. Three or four others also took issue with the suggestions that the city charge $500 for a handicapped placard. You have to scroll down a bit to get to it.  http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/09/EDC31O02T3.DTL

1 comment:

  1. It was nice meeting you in Target last weekend. Thanks for being so open about Maggie's communication device. We appreciate any advice we can get at this point.

    It sounds like you guys had a wonderful Easter - that's a pretty hefty pile of bacon! And congrats on the article!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.