Thursday, October 18, 2012

Back to the Rat Race

The rats have been racing without us and we need to get back to it.

It is a brand new day, the sun is shining, the Giants are in the NLCS  and it is time for me to get back to our regularly scheduled programming. We are dipping one toe into the water of normal life - or what is normal for us.

This morning I told Maggie, "Today is Thursday, do you know what is happening tonight?"  She looked at me warily. Last night we had a friend to dinner and she hung out with her nurse, Tuesday night we were at the memorial service until 10PM and saw her for only a moment before she fell asleep. A third night? What could this possibly mean. She was not anxious to hear that something else was going on to disrupt her world. She gave me the stink eye and waited for me to tell her.

I laughed and said, don't leek at me like that. Tonight we are doing NOTHING. It will be you and me and dad (ok, and the nurse). We are staying home and hanging out with YOU. That pleased her to no end. It's not call Maggie World for nothing. She is back in the center of the universe where she belongs.  I think she is happy about that. Her eyes almost disappeared because her smile was so big.


As she loaded onto the bus today wearing her shorts and t-shirt on this fantastic October day, she gave ma a wild wave goodbye .Her hand is in motoin here.

Gotta go chase those rats so I can be home when Maggie gets back. We have some catching up to do. .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.