Monday, May 17, 2010

Sepcial Olympics report and pitures

Special Olympics was the greatest! All the kids have such a great time and everyone works very hard to insure that.It is a very impressive effort by alot of people. cge It's like old home week. Maggie gets to see friends who have gone to other schools, old teachers, classroom aides and nurses too.

Here are a few pictures and I will post video at some future point,but for right now you can see all the still pictures at Maggie's photo share site http://sfmaggiespecialolympics.shutterfly.com/

Maggie only competed in one event - a wheelchair race/dash with folks pushing. She was lucky enough to draw a school mate who's on the track team and won her event!  I don't even know his name, but he impressed me by introducing himself to Maggie and telling her he intended to make sure she won. I loved that!

I will say Maggie was very well pleased with herself and she was very happy that my mother "Grandma Carmel" showed up to cheer her on. I had her teacher snap a quick shot of the three of us.




Maggie also got to see Teacher Joe from last year. He delighted her by saying "Having fun is ok, but WINNING is what's important" (Of course they've been hearing the opposite for weeks.) I thought she was going to blow a gasket when he said that!
Here's Maggie basking in her victory and eating lunch at the same time.
Check out the rest of the photos at http://sfmaggiespecialolympics.shutterfly.com/

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I am so moved by the pictures! I wish that little league fields across the world had so many smiles! Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.