Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ahhh....

Ahhh. I slept for 12 hours. I stayed up all night Sunday doing the night shift for Maggie, but it was a last minute thing, so I didn't sleep in preparation. Yesterday morning I slept for only about 3 hours. It's too hard to sleep in the day; the phone rings, the doorbell rings, etc.

I thought I could catch a bit more in the afternoon, but it wasn't to be. I just hit the hay at 7PM. I woke up at 1:00 thinking I had really screwed myself and was now AWAKE for the day, but after patiently waiitng for about 45 minutes, I drifted back to dreamland. Hopefully this will put my system back to normal. We shall see.

One place I really notice sleep deprivation is driving. There were things that had to be done yesterday so I had to drive. I was sure that folks were drifting into my lane etc. After about the 5th time I thought, hmmmm, maybe it's me. I was slightly paranoid while driving, probably because it actually took concentration and my mind was like pudding.
You've been warned. If you know I haven't slept, stay away from me on the road. I'm easy to spot, I'm the one going 10mph in the slow lane giving everyone else dirty looks.
___________________________

Switching gears.....

Today is January 6. Two years ago today my dad passed away. I just want to take a moment to acknowledge him. He was a wonderful man, husband and father. He was the patriarch of this huge family in name and in action. His passing left a huge hole for all of us, but over the two years, the hole has filled with wonderful memories and stories, so the pain of losing him hurts a little less all the time. His legacy is in the happiness of his 7 children and their spouses, his 20 grandchildren (here are 14/20 of them) and his 3 great grand daughters.
My mom, who misses him most of all, has taken over as head of the family with class. She makes it look easy, but we all know it isn't.
She and I are going to lunch together to honor him. We should probably hit one of his old haunts. There are about 100 of them in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.