Saturday, January 3, 2009

update

Thank you everyone. Maggie is fine. The doctors wanted us to come up to UCSF becasause there is a chance of liver and kidney problems. Yikes. They did tests for many different problems. SHe was essentially poisoned by that idiot yesterday, but it appears her system handled the overload. I still have to watch out for a few things, but her personality is back and I am much calmer.
I received comments all day. I just received a new Blackberry storm for Christmas and every time I got an email it *dinged*. We were at Urgent care for three hours and it was ding ding dinging the whole time. It made me smile. Everytime we heard it *ding* I would say to Maggie, "oh oh, Mag, someone else is mad at that stupid nurse." and I would shake my fist in front of her. She was CRACKING up. Of course she kept turning bright red which was a little freaky, but her system was just doing its thing.

The nurses at UCSF were outraged at this error. One of them asked if he was drunk. Gah! No, he wasn't, but it WAS New Year's Eve night/New Year's morning......... And to answer the question that many of you asked - No - he won't be coming back. The mistake itself was really unforgiveable, but the fact that he KNEW he did it and didn't tell me is unbelievable. I spent the day with a very sick child and I didn't know why. Fortunately, treating the symptoms was sufficient in this case, but that was dumb luck.

Besides if he walks back into this house I think my husband and Tim will be ... less than gracious. (Eddie would too, but he already left to go back to Reno.)Thanks to all of you

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is well!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY glad you wrote over the weekend to let us know that Maggie is ok, we were certainly worried about her!! Tell that nurse ADIOS!!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.