Monday, August 2, 2010

Maggie's Request Line is Open


I posted the other day about Maggie making song requests. She has two song lyrics programmed into her computer. One is "All the single ladies put you hands up" which is Beyonce's Single ladies and the other is "I want to hold them like they do in Texas, Please" - which is Poker Face by Lady Gaga.

This morning she was not pleased with the music that was playing and kept slamming her hand down - which means NO! - and then started making her request. I got the camera to record it and she slowed waaay down because she thought the camera was funny. I did manage to capture her request and this short video (3 min) will give you a good idea how she works her talker. It's a bit tough to hear in the beginning because the music is on. You will note how pleased she is to get what she wants.



3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful. I so wish I could figure out an AAC system for Sophie to communicate on her good days. It's been so difficult to do anything consistently, but I remain hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that! I've had a crappy day and it made me smile. More Maggie videos please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing Maggie move and use her aug comm! Very impressive. That music is completely foreign to me, but so shows her age. ;)

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.