Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving eve and I'm about to make stuffing. I started out November swearing to list something I am thankful for every day. I failed miserably at keeping the list, but the thankfulness is there nonetheless.

I am thankful Maggie is healthy today and pray she will stay that way for a while.
I am thankful for my husband and his strange sense of humor.
I am thankful Tim just called me and he is 1/2 way home and was out of the snowy, icy mountains before dark
I am thankful Eddie is about to graduate from college and has unlimited opportunity at his feet.
I am thankful that Eddie is spending Thanksgiving with his girlfriend Grace, even though I will miss having him here.
I am thankful I live where "cold" is 48 degrees
I am thankful for my friends from all different parts of my life.
I am thankful for my sisters, brothers and their families.
I am thankful for my mom.
I am thankful I had my dad for so long and miss him very much.
I am thankful for my brave father in law facing the first holidays after losing my mother in law.
I am thankful for the nurses in the house who allow me to live at least a semblance of a normal life
I am actually thankful my life isn't that normal so I can be thankful for the smallest things.
...and I'm thankful the turkey fits in the pan


Happy Thanksgiving all!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Sally. I am thankful that you blog and share your stories with us all. Have a wonderful San Francisco Thnaksgiving with your family.

    Amanda and girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right back at you. I'm thankful to have "met" both you and Maggie -- and look forward to perhaps one day seeing you both in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto the previous two comments.

    Thankful I can get away with dittos, too. Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.