Thursday, October 13, 2011

Costume teaser

Our terrible Tuesday spilled over into Wednesday a bit. Maggie went to school but she couldn't make it. I had to go get her at 11ish. I think the stress of the day before was just too much. I was worried she was really in trouble, but after a couple of hours she was back to herself again.

The trauma of the tests on Tuesday was not wasted, though. I spoke with the doctor yesterday and they obtained some good information that may end up helping Maggie. Fingers crossed. We talked about timing for scheduling the next procedure. I specifically asked if we could do things after Halloween. Maggie does Halloween in a very big way and she missed last Halloween because she was undergoing medical tests. The doctor was completely on board with that, so we have a breather for a couple of weeks.  

The Halloween costume is under construction as we speak.Steve always does an elaborate decoration for her chair and this year will be no exception. You will have to wait for the big reveal.  Maggie and I went to the Halloween store to focus on her costume and I think you will be wowed. As we wandered through the store I had to laugh at the political masks on the wall. Maggie fit right in.

Just to keep you entertained, I am reposting pictures of past costumes. These are all Steve's creations.

2004 Hell on Wheels


2005 Leprechaun, complete with the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow


2006 viking with her own ship

2007 Race Car Driver (and her nurse came dressed as a pit crew worker)

and the Chef in 2008, (my personal favorite). The oven door rally opened

2009 Pirate



As noted she had to skip last year but she will be all ready for 2011. This year the costume really fits the Maggie we all know and love. 

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what Maggie dresses as this year, and I hope she's on the mend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the costumes! Can't wait to see this year's. I saw this awesome Darth Vader/x-wing costume recently, too - http://pinterest.com/pin/302655116/ :D

    I think it's a shame, now, that we don't really do Halloween Down Under. I'd love to do some great wheelie costumes for Snail!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.