Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Back to Reality, in super slo-mo

.


We are all still exhausted from all the activity and excitement of the weekend. There is a giant basket of cards and things that we need to go through with Maggie, but she has been so busy or so tired that we haven't had time.  I opened all of them but I need to sit down with her and read them to her.

Life slowly returns to normal after the Big Birthday Bash. It's time now to get back to the day to day realities, like preparing her conservatorship papers for the court. Oh Joy.

Maybe tomorrow.

Still, things are getting accomplished, albeit slowly. I did manage to finish up the Social Security with minimal effort. Now we wait to see if the US Government thinks Maggie is disabled or not.

There is one other matter to deal with. I mentioned the small accident with the car last week after leaving the social security office. I did get the repair estimate, which is $3200 (eek!), The insurance will take care of most of it, but you know we will pay that back over the next few years.

The biggest problem is that the car will take like 9-10 days to fix. I have no idea what we are going to do without the van for that long. Maggie will be in school during the week, but there'as at least one weekend in there.  I could rent a car, but it doesn't really help me unless I can transport Maggie. If she stays healthy it's fine. We do have Golden Gate Park in our backyard and there are lots of things to do within walking distance. But is she gets sick, we are in trouble.

The car is definitely damaged but  it's completely operational and drives fine.   I could wait to have it fixed, but I will still have this problem at some point. What to do, what to do?

 I'll decide when I have more energy.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I recognize that hall!!! I have thrown many a party at that place!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.