Friday, May 18, 2012

Warning: Wild Weekend ahead!!

Lots going on around here this weekend. There are dinners and picnics and graduations and Bay to Breakers. Fortunately the sun came out for the first time in days, so perhaps we can enjoy all - or at least some of - the activities without the miserable gray fog we've had in recent days. I do wish these things were spread out over different weekends so we could enjoy everything, but it's a busy time of year and there are lots of things going on.

Graduation time is busy even when there are no graduates in your house. This weekend alone there are three graduation events, one nephew graduating from college, one from high school and our good friend Lexi from law school. We have to miss the one for Jeff, my nephew who is graduating from high school. We just cannot be in three places at once. I'm certain he will party heartily without us and know we wish him well.

It is very difficult to organize Maggie's care when there are busy weekends with a lot of activities. She still needs all of her things right  on schedule, even when the schedule is crazy. Generally we divide and conquer, Steve hitting one thing and me another, but that wouldn't work this weekend. I had to beg on Jeff's party because it's in Santa Rose and I just cannot get there with Maggie unless I have Steve or someone to help me.  There is a dinner tonight for Matt, my nephew finishing USF and we will leave Maggie home with the nurse. Tomorrow there is Matt's graduation ceremony and a picnic and then Lexi's graduation ceremony and a dinner following. I don't think we are even expected at  Lexi's ceremony and I had to beg off from Matt's ceremony because I can't get a nurse for that and get one for the dinner. And taking Maggie to a lengthy and crowded graduation ceremony is not my idea of fun. Nor is it hers.

Fortunately the picnic is within walking distance from us in Golden Gate Park. Maggie and I will walk over there and join the fun so she can see the cousins, aunts and uncles and Matt's friends who will be there. Before that, though I have to take her with me downtown to get some law books I need. I plan to have Tim walk around with her while I'm doing my legal thing and then we will be back here before the picnic even starts.

Sunday is Bay to Breakers and we always walk into the park to watch the throngs of runners go by. The elite runners do the 7.6 mile race in about 25 minutes. The hoards of other runners take quite a bit longer. We are guaranteed to see lots of costumes which are very entertaining and several naked bodies, which are not. (I'll spare you the pictures of the naked runners)




It's not like things let up after this weekend either.  Memorial Day weekend is the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge and we will be hitting a few of those events, and then more graduations the next weekend. and the weekend after that. Maggie's last day of school is next Friday. I have to ramp up Camp Mom again too.

I need a nap.

And in case I forget, I have to congratulate all the graduates: Matt and Jeff and Lexi this weekend, and Jack and Nick whose celebrations are in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun and exhausting. I look forward to photos and tales of craziness!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.