Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers and Mondays

Monday again. How does that keep happening?

I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day. I did. Steve got up to take over for the nurse letting me "sleep in."  Of course I am so programmed to get up early, I didn't sleep, but I did stay upstairs playing words with friends and luxuriating in the fact that I wasn't on duty.

While I lounged, Steve and Maggie went out into the garden and picked some flowers and made a breakfast tray. I messed them up by appearing so early, so my breakfast was biscotti and 4 fresh cherries. But the presentation was lovely.


Maggie made me a refrigerator magnet with her picture on it, which you can see on the tray in the picture. She also grew a plant from seeds in school and decorated a flower pot to put the plant in, but Steve didn't see that on the windowsill so it didn't make the tray. Both were great.

We had my mom, my brother Pat and his wife Julie came over for dinner. My sister Kate and her family came by for, and brought, hors d'oeuvres.  Steve cooked like a fiend all day and we feasted on paella. Company and dinner were both wonderful.

I did get the best card for my mom.

She seemed relieved. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.