Sunday, December 7, 2014

Decorating

I lied a little bit. We did indeed put the tree up last week, but it sat undecorated, save for one sad candy cane all week long.



Finally  we pulled out all the decorations and started the big job of decorating the tree and making room for all the decorations we have - nutcrackers, snow globes etc. 

Neither Steve nor I were fully prepared for the level of emotion that would be involved with that. I did tell him I wanted to skip the stockings this year because it would be too hard to look at one for Maggie and too hard to look at an empty space where Maggie stocking should be. But every box had reminders and things of Maggie's we hand't seen in a year. She was here last Christmas and we had no idea what was coming.

I miss that little Elf. 


1 comment:

  1. I know how hard it is, but I am so glad that you invoke your little elf in these posts. Please know that her memory, her spirit, her laugh lives on in so many people's minds and hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.