Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Thank you all


I really don't know why the first anniversary of Maggie's passing was such a big thing, but it was. As the day approached, the world seemed to get heavier and heavier. But it was made lighter by so many of you. 

People are incredibly kind. We are very fortunate to have so much love and support in our lives. We've felt it not only this past year but always and again this week. We received so many cards and notes and texts and emails and calls and hugs this week. There were flowers delivered by a stranger, flowers left on my doorstep and flowers that arrived with visitors. Each gesture was a message telling us that Maggie is remembered and that people feel our loss. It really helps and I thank you all.

One friend happened over not knowing what day it was. He saw the flowers in my hand and asked the occasion. I told him and his eyes filled with tears. He said, "We all have our things. Everybody has something. But yours is a big one." And he gave me a tight hug. It was lovely. 

We do all have our things. 

And I thank you all for helping us with ours. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.