Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter

Holidays are hard. Easter, the most joyous of holidays, was hard.

Not for any particular reason and not because anyone said any thing wrong. Perhaps it all becomes a little more real on holidays. They present an opportunity to sit down and reflect and remember, something I seem very capable of avoiding.  It's another time the family gathers and Maggie isn't there.

This year none of my kids were at Grandma's house for brunch. Tim was working and Eddie is in Southern California. While I always wish they could be with us, their absence doesn't hurt like Maggie's does.  They are out living their lives exactly as they should be.

Maggie lived her life exactly as she was supposed to too.

 I just wish she still was.

I miss that girl.

I miss knowing my role in the world when she was here.

Here's to remembering Happier Easters and Maggie's giant laugh
She's laughing because she just realized that's her brother Eddie in the Easter Bunny suit

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully said. I'm with you. Yes, Easter, Passover -- all hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I miss Maggie, too. I miss knowing that she's with you. I miss YOU. We need to talk soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.