Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Back to School week memories

It's the first week of school in San Francisco and many other places. I've been seeing back to school photos all over the internet. Oh how I loved this week when Maggie was here.

Summer vacation was hard because there was just NOTHING for Maggie to do except hang out with her old mom. Don't get me wrong, we had a ton of fun together. But it wasn't like school.  School was her everything -- education, entertainment, recreation and social life. She was back with her friends. We would get everything ready on that first day of school and wait outside for the bus, which was always late on Day 1. When Maggie saw Nurse Janice coming down the street she would get so excited, I thought one or more of her wheel chair straps would bust.

And I'm not going to lie. It was a good day for me too. I posted an annual "Dance of Joy" post when Maggie returned to school and we had some semblance of a schedule again.

This would have been Maggie's last year in the school district and I would have been fretting about transitioning her to an adult program. No need for fretting now.

Just missing my girl this first week of school and every week. I'm happy to remember her so happy. Here she is on the first day of school in 2012 waiting to go down the elevator to get on the bus and and 2013 checking out her new bus driver


You will have to settle for a mental image of me doing the Dance of Joy.

No dance today, just small sad smiles as I remember.




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see these happy photos of Maggie going to school. And I remember vividly your Dance of Joy --

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.