Thursday, September 17, 2009

Steroid User alert


Well it looks like my pitching career is over. No more split finger fast balls for me. I have a torn rotator cuff and capsulitis (frozen shoulder)[thank you Grace and Fiona for the diagnosis] caused by impingement of the two bones.The tear "should" heal on its own and I will go to Physical therapy for the other, which is exactly what I wanted.

He came at me with a large needle filled with cortizone and some other steroid to deal with the inlammation. That was NOT pleasant. But if that's all it takes, I can live with it. Now I'm sitting here with an ice pack on my shoulder because the novacaine is starting to wear off.

This injection will help in the short run and maybe take care of the whole thing. If it's not "continuing to improve" in six weeks I have to get an MRI and they talked about surgical interventions. I stopped him there and said, let's just wait, shall we..

He said, "try not to lift your daughter."

Ok. that's helpful.

But I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.