Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Maggie made Steve a birthday card for his birthday today. She made it at school on Friday. The teacher told her to "write" what she wanted to say to her dad. She simply used her talker and everything that went into the speaking panel  was  transferred to the computer. I didn't even know that was possible, but I freely admit I know only about 25% of that machine's capabilities. (that includes things I KNOW about but cannot make work)
Maggie "wrote" for several minutes. When she was done the teacher printed the message and put in inside the card. I laughed my head off when I saw this

.Remember it's phonetic. I starts out "why I ought a..." You can see how she starts losing interest in dad toward the bottom and talks about her friends Juan, and Cui Peng,  her nurse and her teacher.

Steve loves it, of course. 

1 comment:

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.