Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Clare's home!

Spring has sprung in San Francisco. It is a perfect day here today. The sun is shining, the flowers are in bloom and alls right with the world. This is the garden in front of the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park this morning.


Things just feel good today.My niece Clare arrived home last night after spending the last year in Ireland. Everybody is so excited that she's back, especially her mother. I haven't seen Clare yet because she's checking in at the new job she starts next week but I did get a full report from my sister as we walked around the Park this morning.  We were talking about all the cousins and how things are falling into place for so many of them. There are probably 10 grandchildren in their 20s and they are finding jobs and making things happen. It's a great thing to witness.

It used to be hard for me to think like this because I know those opportunities will never be there for Maggie, but it really isn't hard anymore. Nothing has changed with Maggie - I mean she doesn't have a paper route or anything - but I no longer compare her life to others because there is simply no comparison. I realize now that Maggie is living her life and loving every minute of it. For her every day is like the day her cousin comes home after being gone for a year because she is always delighted. Just check her out with her grandpa, she can hardly contain her joy.


Coming to this realization obviously makes things a lot easier. Instead of worrying about Maggie's limitations, I often find myself a little envious of her outlook on life.

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful for this reminder -- that our girls are living their lives and that we've given them good ones. Maggie's joy is always infectious --

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice if we could all have Maggie's outlook on life!

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.