Friday, July 8, 2011

Checking in to end the week

Quiet week for blogposts. I am trying to take advantage of this time that Maggie is in school to get a lot of things done. School is out next Thursday and then it will the Maggie and Mom show for four weeks until school starts again. It will be very difficult to get anything done then so I'm donig my best now.

The time approaches for our great floor sanding and refinishing extravaganza and I have been getting rid of things left and right in anticipation of our need to completely empty the first floor of the house. My office is completely out of the dining room and in a dedicated room upstairs. There is a bed in my office in case everyone is home at once, but it has officially been changed from a bedroom to an office.

This change was necessary because I am trying to do a little more (paid)  legal work and want to be up and running by the time Maggie goes back to school in Mid august.. I cannot run a practice from the dining room with Maggie and the nurse right there. I need some space.  It's nice because the room is really a sun room and it is full of light. Good thing it's so bright. I have yet to decorate. In fact the only thing on the wall is the card my husband gave me for our anniversary a few years ago. I love this picture. It's hanging just above my computer and it makes me laugh every time I look at it.

Kind of explains a lot, doesn't it.

I think Miss Maggie is ready for summer school to be over. She has been falling asleep every day. She still loves going to school, but I don't think there is enough to entertain her and she's bored. Maybe it was just too many changes with a new site and a new teacher. She adores "Mr. Kyle" but she can't seem to stay awake. And she's not sick.

I have to start planning Mom Camp II for the next four weeks. The week we spend at Uncle Pat's house will be a something very different, but it will be hard on all of us. Caring for Maggie anywhere else will be tricky but it's a great option because he has a bedroom on the ground floor and we can get Maggie in and out easily. Also it's very near the zoo, so Maggie and I can get acquainted with the apes and giraffes. She also has Girls Rock camp the first week of August, but I really have to go with her to that. I can send her nurse, but I will probably do it myself to make sure she really gets int here and takes part in everything. We will take in the Picasso exhibit at the DeYoung Museum and I'm certain have a few trips to the mall, Maggies' favorite outing in the world.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. No holidays or fireworks this weekend. But we will make our own fun.

2 comments:

  1. That card expresses a lot of love by my interpretation.

    Wishing the best on the floor refinishing project - of which you have already done a ton of work in preparation. Hoping you have smooth sanding.

    Looking forward to pics of Maggie at Mom Camp II. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there anything we can do from down here? Send letters? Balloons? Diversions?

    ReplyDelete

Hi Maggie loves your comments. It may take a while for the comment to post, but you will see it eventually.